Children are highly vulnerable to tooth decay, especially as they so often don’t get the information they need on how to properly look after their oral health.
First Smiles is an initiative created by the British Society of Dental Hygiene and Therapy (BSDHT) that encourages dental practices to give educational talks and workshops in nearby schools and nurseries to encourage better oral health in local communities.
First Smile will be held on Friday 14th June 2019 in partnership with Oral-B.
The campaign aims to:
- Build essential relationships between nurseries, schools and their local dental practices
- Educate children and those who care for them about the fundamental aspects of good oral health
- Improve the oral hygiene habits of children across the UK
- Make children feel more comfortable about visiting a dental practice
- Integrate oral hygiene within health education in schools
- Tackle the worrying rise in tooth decay and extractions among children in the UK
There are various materials available for free on the BSDHT website that practices can access, including letter templates to send to local schools and nurseries, as well as a FAQs page and ideas on what practices could cover. Plus, there will be free goodies available to take with you courtesy of our partnership with Oral-B.
For further information visit here.